Wednesday, January 23, 2013

First night back to Civilization

Well, after waking up at 5 am to the howler monkeys and the rooster (Alejandro) and no coffee, we took a nice 2 hour hike out of the Valley today. Then a quick pack in San Miguel, an hour bus ride to Vente Quarto, another hour ride to Panama City and a little stroll across the park and we made it to Hispania (our city apartment). The first stint in the Valley is beyond explanation and the people are already family. I will break it into sections of relevancy ( with pretty pictures) before I put that up tomorrow or Thursday.

Being back in civilization is a feeling that I cant even begin to explain. I had forgotten what it feels like to flush a toilet, and have running water, and look in a mirror. But the Valley is already my home the 20 by 20 rancho that I share with 11 other girls is more perfect than I can even begin to describe. The companionship is almost entirely unmatched.

We eat and are merry and we love to work that's for sure. I hope everyone in the  states is doing alright. I love and care for you all deeply!

No comments:

Post a Comment